en

Animation and pose player | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » HELP » Sims 3 Game Help
AussieMe
AussieMe Aug 2 '14
Okay, so today my game wouldn't start up. It would only start up to the part just before the EA and Maxis logo thing, but then it would crash. I fixed it by taking a bad piece of cc out that I had downloaded, but now my animation and pose player wont work. When I get in game it says that some objects couldn't be found, so they had been replaced. I have tried taking out the animation and pose players and putting them back in, but it still wont work. I even re-downloaded them and replaced the files. Does anyone know how to fix this? May it be a problem with some other cc I have downloaded? Thanks :) (P.S. I hope this was the right spot to post this)
The Forum post is edited by AussieMe Aug 2 '14
Lonelyeco
Lonelyeco Aug 2 '14
It looks like a problem I would usually get with the Sims 2. Usually I would have to un-install the whole game then re-install it again sadly. Oh and this is the correct section because you have sims 3 and am looking for help with the game. :)
The Forum post is edited by Lonelyeco Aug 2 '14
AussieMe
AussieMe Aug 3 '14
Oh :( I think re-installing the game will be my very last hope. I am working on 3 projects right now and I don't want to loose all of my characters, sets and cc.
Lonelyeco
Lonelyeco Aug 3 '14
There's no way to package you sims, lots, and backup your custom content?
AussieMe
AussieMe Aug 4 '14
I guess, I'll try that :)
MoreSims3Productions
I had similar issues in the past with my Sims 3 game and I did the following:

1.) Backed up my Library, Mods, Saved Sims, Saves and DCCache.
2.) I removed any recent Mods/CC I've downloaded within the time my game started acting up by placing them on my desktop and out of my Sims 3 folder.
3.) I loaded my game with only the Animation Player and Pose Player (along with the animations and poses) (Note: I didn't save my game when doing this, I just exited after realizing they worked) in my Mods folder to see if they showed up, in which case they did. So that only meant one of the recently downloaded CC/Mod corrupted the game files. With that I proceeded to one by one remove CC and load my game to see exactly which file corrupted them and then I deleted it once I found it. And in some cases when I didn't find it I just reinstalled my game and pasted the back-up files from step 1 into my game folder and started fresh.

In the event that you can't find it even with reinstalling and backing up your files then you must go to your System Restore and restore it back to a time before your game was acting up. This could remove the CC you've installed recently so you may have to go back and re-download the things that you want but one of those things could have been what caused it to go down in the first place so be aware of that.

Hope this helps :D
The Forum post is edited by MoreSims3Productions Aug 8 '14
AussieMe
AussieMe Aug 8 '14
Thanks, I'll go see if this'll work :)
AussieMe
AussieMe Aug 8 '14
Yep, it's working now :D Thanks for the help!
MoreSims3Productions
No, problem :D